Pirastro Tonica Violin Strings
Tonica strings are an excellent choice for those seeking a rich, high quality sound, and a professional response, at a budget price. Nylon core strings. Balanced tone. Medium Tension.
Set Includes . . .
- Choice of "Silvery Steel" (Tin-Plated Carbon Steel) E or Aluminum-Wound Carbon Steel E (Loop or Ball)
- Synthetic/Aluminum-Wound A
- Synthetic/Silver-Wound D
- Synthetic/Silver-Wound G
Individual & Alternate Strings
Alternate String Options
The alternate aluminum-wound steel E is warmer in tone and less prone to whistling than the Silvery Steel E. The Silvery Steel E is more brilliant.
- Tonica strings have a core made from nylon.
- They produce a lively well-rounded sound, perfectly balanced across all four strings.
- Responding instantly to any bowing style, they reward both player and listener with an open and direct sound.
- With substantially reduced background 'hiss', players can sustain a more even tone helping to achieve smoother string crossings.
- Whilst giving positive feed back to your left hand, Tonica strings remain very easy to play right up into the highest positions.
- Projection and brilliance have been upgraded.
- However, this excess does not mean that the Tonica has lost its warmth.
- Playing pianissimo has considerably improved.
- All bow strokes are possible resulting in smooth crossings from one note to another.
- Easy right hand articulation and tone attack.
- Due to their medium string tension Tonica strings are suitable for all instruments.