Pirastro Obligato Violin Strings
Warm and rich with overtones. Quick, easy response. Excellent tuning stability. Obligato strings are a warmer, less brilliant version of the Evah Pirazzi set. Obligatos are darker and have a smaller dynamic range, but possess the same fine quality of sound.
Set Includes . . .
- Choice of Gold-Plated Chrome Steel or "Steel" Tin-Plated Carbon Steel E (Loop or Ball)
- Synthetic/Aluminum-Wound A
- Synthetic/Silver-Wound D
- Synthetic/Silver-Wound G
Individual and Alternate Strings
Alternate String Options
The recommended gold-plated E that comes with the Obligato set produces a warm, rich tone. The alternate silvery steel E is brighter and more resistant to whistling. But, we recommend the gold E for most players, because we feel it is integral to the dark, mellow character of the Obligato set. For players who desire more brilliance, we recommend trying
- Obligato strings have a core made from a modern synthetic multifilament fibre.
- Obligato strings sound warm and full, yet have a brilliant, rich overtone spectrum and focused tone.
- excellent playability and response throughout the entire dynamic range
- great tone volume
- excellent tuning stability
- absolutely insensitive to variations in temperature and humidity