The Bam Trekking violin case is not in the Hightech line and does not have the Hightech hard shell. But, it's such a great little case that we couldn't resist
carrying it. Backpacker cases all seem to have one thing in common: they are simply too tall, and therefore top-heavy. The Bam Trekking case
overcomes this problem by placing the bows on the
outside of the case! The external, attached, bow tube is rugged and very protective. And,
this unusual arrangement allows the case itself to be shorter and better balanced.
It takes a few extra moments to unscrew the cap from the tube and remove the bow(s) from the padded sleeve, every time you want to play.
So, we don't recommend it for everyday use. But, it's a great case for those who enjoy the outdoors or anyone who frequently finds themselves
hiking or biking with a fiddle on their back. It's the most comfortable, easiest to carry backpacker we've found.
- Excellent Shock and Thermal Protection
- Comfortable Sewn-In Backpack Straps
- Well Balanced - Not Top-Heavy
- Ideally Suited for Outdoor Use
- Taking bows in and out of the tube is less convenient than in a traditional case.
- Soft shell offers less protection against crushing than with a bam Hightech case.
- No Latch. (Case is held close by the zipper only.)
J.S. Fisher Violins is an Authorized Bam France Dealer.